There's nothing like home cookin' when you're so far from home... meals are very important to our families. Cooking a meal for our RMHC families is a wonderful team-building experience, and a great opportunity for your corporate group, club, team or organization. More people gather and welcome support for one another. It's nice for people to come home after a long day in the hospital and smell the comforting aroma of a home-cooked meal.
Here are some things to know about preparing meals at the Ronald McDonald House.:
- Dinner is typically served bewteen 6:00 pm and 6:30pm. Breakfast is served around 8:30am. You are only expected to stay until you are finished preparing the meal and setting it out.
- Buffet style serving is preferred. There are no specifics on what type of meals to prepare. Whatever works best for you in terms of expense and preparation. Many of our guest chefs offer a vegetarian option if there is a meat dish.
- Our kitchen if fully equipped with all the serving and preparation dishes you will need, as well as microwaves, stoves, refrigerators and ovens (three of each). A gas grill is also available.
- You need not provide beverages, dishes or silverware. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the House.
- Plan to serve 30 - 40. Call 24 hours in advance to learn of any dramatic shifts in occupancy.
- Typically we ask that there be no more than 8 people to prepare a meal on any one date. All should be at least 10 years of age.
- We would enjoy giving your group a tour of the House after the meal is served.
- Your group is responsible for preparation cleanup. Our volunteers will take care of any leftovers.
- In order to meet health and safety standards, our guest chefs will need to do all of their food preparation and cooking right here in our kitchen. We can accept meal donations of prepared food only from a licensed catering company, restaurant of kitchen.
To see our Meals Calendar and to schedule a day to cook, click here.